Tuesday, October 29, 2013

1up migration post VIII: "Ace attorney DS port"

Mar 11th 2008, 11:31 AM

"I'm finally done with all three of the Phoenix Wright games on the DS and have just started with Apollo Justice. A lot of good ideas from the first game seem to have made their way to the new opus in the series like the evidence-examining sequences that so remind me of CSI. The first game was of course my favorite, simply 'cause of the first impression it made on me. But in terms of story-telling I liked the third one best. The episodes feel much more connected and it all felt more like a game where all the loose ends are more or less tied. And the way it all ends is pretty nice. Of course, it's no epic but I personnally liked the series very much. And I'm liking what I'm seeing of the new turn it's taking with it's new character and perception system. My favorite guy in the end was Godot. He had those very poetic replies for both the judge and Wright, it was fun to watch. All in all, I just like games that can get me thinking a lot, specially since in the end all u really need to solve a case u have but the question is how much attention one can give to the details both in testimony and evidence. For example, I don't know how many people have played and liked Professor Layton. I'm just crazy about it. Anyway, I'm now playing Apollo justice and am loving it, so anyone wanna try it out, be my guess."

With a new Phoenix Wright game out on 3DS, I'm eager to see how things have evolved for this new hanheld generation. Can't wait to look silly again in public, yelling "OBJECTION!!!"

No comments: